Christmas lights switch on in Letchworth and Hitchin
ELVIS, Cinderella and Santa will all be in attendance as Letchworth GC’s town centre is lit up for the big Christmas switch on tonight (Friday).
Kicking off with the rock and rolling Elvis Tribute Band, there’s also a showcase of Cinderella, SPADS’ seasonal panto offering, as well as South American samba before Santa flicks the switch at 6.30pm in Leys Square.
A spectacular fireworks display will brighten up the skies afterwards, before the night’s festivities ease down with carols from Letchworth Community Choir.
For those already in the Christmas swing of things, there’s also a chance for a bit of late night gift getting, with shops in Arena Parade, Leys Avenue and Eastcheap all open for business.
Hitchin will also have its time to shine tonight, with their Christmas tree light switch on featuring a number of other festivities.
You may also want to watch:
A late night Hitchin market will be running, with food, mulled wine, roast chestnuts and children’s entertainment in the mix as well as music from Heart Radio and Chris Pyne.
The big switch-on is due to commence from 6pm at Market Place.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire