Biggleswade, Sandy and Potton set for Christmas lights switch-ons
- Credit: Archant
Biggleswade, Sandy and Potton are set to welcome the start of the festive season with town Christmas Lights switch-ons.
Kicking things off this year is the annual Biggleswade Christmas Fair in Market Square which starts tomorrow at noon.
There will be a range of Christmas stalls selling handcrafted gifts, treats and decorations, as well as an array of streets food including a hog roast, pizza, roasted chestnuts.
Entertainment will be provided by students from all schools in the town, local choirs, The Edward Peake Steel Band, The Stotfold Salvation Army Band – who will accompany the Biggleswade and District Choral Society – and Biggles FM’s Jon Godel who will be hosting.
The Christmas Lights will be switched on by the Biggleswade Carnival Court at 7pm, followed by a Christmas singalong before the Biggleswade Amateur Theatrical Society takes to the stage until the event closes.
You may also want to watch:
Children are welcome to decorate stars at the event to be hung on the tree for £1 with proceeds going to Sue Ryder St John’s Hospice.
A town council spokesman said: “The event has a real community feel to it and we are grateful for all the local organisations that are joining us to make the event a success year after year.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
“Our Christmas tree is up and the town’s Christmas lights are waiting to be switched on!”
Next Friday brings Potton’s Christmas offerings which start with carol singing, hot food and a funfair from 6pm.
For more information, go to www.bigglesweadetowncouncil.gov.uk or call 01767 313134.
Father Christmas will be making an appearance at the event in Market Square, where he is tasked with the big lights switch-on at 7pm.
The Sandy Christmas Fayre and Lights switch-on will take place from 1pm until 5pm next Sunday, December 2, at the town’s Market Square.
The event is hosted by The Friends of Sandy Christmas Lights, and promises an afternoon of fun and entertainment including stalls, stage acts, fun fair and a visit from Father Christmas.
The highlight of the event is the switching on of the Christmas Lights which will be preceded by community carol singing and take place at 4.30pm.
For more information or to make a contribution search for Friends of Sandy Christmas Lights on Facebook or email email@example.com.