Christmas displays light the dark nights in Stevenage and Hitchin
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Whether its for charity, or simply for fun, we’ve seen some impressive house decorations this Christmas lighting up Stevenage and North Herts.
A family living Leaves Spring in Stevenage is renowned for their lights display which raised £180 for Sepsis UK in its first week.
In 2013, the family won best festive house after securing 50 per cent of votes from a Comet online poll of displays in the area.
Other eye-catching displays in Stevenage include some in Woolners Way, Walden End, Valley Way, Hyde Green South and Hydean Way.
In Hitchin, a family in Meadowbank have also been in the Christmas lights spirit with an array of glowing colours, ornaments and lanterns to light up the dark winter nights during the festive period.
You may also want to watch:
In 2013 the Comet ran a story about the Hitchin family – who had 6,500 lights and said they simply love lighting up the festive season for others.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out