Get ready for switch-on of Stevenage family’s Christmas lights for charity
- Credit: Archant
A family renowned for their spectacular Christmas display outside their Stevenage home are preparing for the lights switch-on on Saturday.
Every year Freda Marsh and her family festoon their home in Leaves Spring with Christmas lights to raise money for charity.
This year’s chosen charity is the Children’s Acute Transport Service.
Freda, 24, said: “This year is bigger than ever and we’re hoping to raise a record amount for the CATS team, who take the skills of a paediatric intensive care unit on the road.
“They were absolutely amazing when my son went into intensive care in March, blue lighting him from Lister Hospital to the Royal London Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“As a thank you, I want to raise as much as possible for the incredible work they did when my son was fighting for his life.
“Please join us for mince pies, drinks and a picture in Santa’s sleigh at 7pm.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket