Christmas Day baby: Chizi Holly Chiwueze
THE Comet speaks to the mother of a baby who was born at Lister Hospital on Christmas Day.
Lorita and Uchelma Agwo decided to give their new arrival a name to match the day she was born.
Chizi Holly Chiwueze, who has since returned home with her parents, was 11 days late.
But, even as it approached, neither Lorita, 27, or Uchelma, 34, thought their daughter would be born on Christmas Day.
“We were surprised,” said Lorita, adding: “Everyone is very happy.”
You may also want to watch:
Although their daughter’s arrival was more than enough cause for celebration, the family also made sure Christmas didn’t go unnoticed by marking the occasion a day later.
“We cooked and everybody ate, and we did presents,” added Lorita, who lives in Chells, Stevenage.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
Little Holly, who weighed 7lb 5oz when she was born, is sister to 21-month-old Chinaza Destiny Chiwueze.