Christmas Day baby: Adelle Wilshaw
THE Comet speaks to the mother of a baby who was born at Lister Hospital on Christmas Day.
Baby Adelle was the last new arrival to be born in Lister on Christmas Day.
The tot, whose name was inspired by singing sensation Adele, was born a week early, and was originally due on January 1.
Mum Rochelle Wilshaw said: “It was a bit of a shock, but it was nice.
“Her name is sort of based on the singer, but it is also a mixture of my name and her dad Ashley.”
You may also want to watch:
Rochelle, 15, admitted Christmas had been abandoned this year.
“Everyone is celebrating her [Adelle],” she said, adding: “Everyone is very happy.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
Adelle, who weighed 6lb 7oz when she was born, is Rochelle’s and Ashley Kingston’s first child.