Christmas charity bootcamp in Letchworth set to push you to your limits
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth gym hopes to push its members to new levels of fitness while also giving back to the community on Sunday.
Staff at The Hub have planned a Christmas-themed work out which will see attendees pushed to their fitness limits in aid of the British Red Cross,
The work out will be a combination of various boot camp style exercises coupled with some boxing drills, burning off all those extra Christmas calories.
It will be hosted by two of The Hub’s instructors, Tom Walsh and Conor Turner, who plan to put members through their paces.
Gill Maggiolini said: “Christmas time is a busy time for the British Red Cross and as it is a charity close to our hearts at The Hub, we chose it for our charity this year to support people in crisis over what can be a difficult time for some.
You may also want to watch:
“The Hub have always aimed to contribute in a positive way to the community and running events for charities is an important part of this. The Red Cross is a fantastic organisation helping vulnerable people in crisis both in the UK and across the world.”
The British Red Cross respond to conflicts, natural disasters and individual emergencies – helping vulnerable people in the UK and internationally. It also provides refugee support and loans for wheelchair aids.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
The gym also supported The Stroke Association earlier this year which was organised by instructor Saoirse, whose mother Marian had been recovering from a stroke.
The bootcamp fundraiser generated almost £600 for the cause – organisers hope that Sunday’s event will be just as successful for the British Red Cross.
If you are not a member at The Hub but would like to take part in Sunday’s class – which runs from 1.30pm to 3pm – contact the team on 01462 682952 or email email@example.com.
The Hub ask that members donate a minimum of £5 to their JustGiving page justgiving.com/fundraising/the-hub1 or purchase a ticket for £5 at reception.
To find out more about the British Red Cross, go to redcross.org.uk.