Christmas appeal to help homeless in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been launched to collect Christmas presents for people who are homeless this festive season.
Every year, staff at Access Self Storage on Stevenage’s Gunnels Wood Road choose a different charity for their Christmas appeal, which involves collecting presents for those in need.
This year, homeless hostel Stevenage Haven is the chosen charity and people are being asked to drop off new toiletries at Access Self Storage’s reception by December 15.
Wendy Guinan, who works at Stevenage Haven, said: “These donations by families, individuals and businesses in our community give a huge boost to the people we support at this time of year.”
Access Self Storage’s Stevenage manager, Ian Girvan, said: “Our staff selected Stevenage Haven to receive this year’s donations because we really believe in the great work they do.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the appeal is all about putting a smile on a stranger’s face through a simple act of kindness.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction