Children in Need and Pudsey return to Comet country
IT’S that time of year again where everyone’s favourite bear Pudsey is back for Children in Need. And a number of events are kicking off in Comet country, with people trying to raise as much as they can for the charity.
A number of nurseries are getting involved, with Little Rascals in Hitchin holding a pyjama party and Busy Bees in Letchworth GC leading a treasure hunt, both today.
Elsewhere, a challenge to paint a large Pudsey begins tomorrow from 9am onwards at Walsworth Community Centre, with plenty of other arts and crafts in the mix too.
Non uniform days are being held at local schools, with youngsters taking advantage of being allowed to wear what they like for the day.
And collections in shops, businesses and schools are being held to try and raise as much money as possible.
You may also want to watch:
An auction is also ongoing on BBC Three Counties radio, with private dining experiences and theatre tickets up for grabs.
Children in Need has raised more than �500 million since it was launched in 1980.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
The appeal show starts tonight at 7pm on BBC One.