Child left scarred by dog attack
- Credit: Archant
A CHILD was attacked by a dog while playing in a park, leaving him with cuts and bite marks on his face.
The eight-year-old boy was playing with his older sister at a park in Churchill Way, Shefford, when the incident happened.
At about 3pm on Sunday, July 28, a man with two young children entered the park along with a Weimeraner type dog.
As the young victim walked towards the offender, the dog bit his face causing cuts to his lip. The offender then used his own T-shirt to wipe away the blood before fleeing the park with his dog and two children.
The victim returned home where his parents called the police before taking him to hospital for treatment to his wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the incident and want to speak to anyone who either witnessed the incident or who may have information about the offender.
He is described as a white man, in his late 20s or early 30s, around five feet nine inches tall and believed to live locally.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
Contact Pc Paulette Savage with information on the non-emergency 101 number, or text information to 07786 200011.
Was it your child who suffered the attack? Contact the Comet by emailing email@example.com or call 01438 866200.