Chief exec at North Herts council to resign
A COUNCIL’S chief executive is to resign after being appointed for the same role at another council.
North Hertfordshire District Council (NHDC) chief executive John Campbell will become the chief executive of the Borough Council of Wellingborough in Northamptonshire, subject to formal approval at a meeting of Wellingborough’s full council on December 13.
If approved, Mr Campbell will start at Wellingborough Council next year after serving three months’ notice at NHDC.
“It has been a great privilege and pleasure to lead North Herts District Council for the last eight years and I will remain an ambassador and advocate for the organisation which has seen and overcome many challenges over recent years,” he said.
“It is however, time for a fresh challenge and I am looking forward to taking up my new post at Wellingborough council, although I will be sad to leave behind the team of highly skilled councillors and officers who do such a fantastic job for the residents of North Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
One of Mr Campbell’s immediate tasks will be to work with leader of the council Cllr Lynda Needham on planning arrangements for a successor.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie