Cheryl’s off to China
A mother-of-three was taking her first steps to raising money for Cancer Research this week along the Great Wall of China. Cheryl Rowney, 54, of Shephall Lane, Stevenage, flew out to China on Tuesday to spend the next two weeks on a 70-mile hike along the
A mother-of-three was taking her first steps to raising money for Cancer Research this week along the Great Wall of China.
Cheryl Rowney, 54, of Shephall Lane, Stevenage, flew out to China on Tuesday to spend the next two weeks on a 70-mile hike along the wall.
She will be raising money for the cancer charity in memory of her sister Kim who died from bowel cancer two years ago leaving a husband and three children, Lisa, Andy and Amy.
Cheryl wanted to do something positive in memory of her sister and decided to take part in the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
She had to raise £3,500 to qualify for the walk but to date has doubled that raising £7,000.
Before leaving her home for the airport Cheryl said: "I am excited and apprehensive. It doesn't seem real after all the work and planning."
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Cheryl has worked on her fitness to prepare for the walk and changed her working hours as a property manager at Rushbrook and Rathbone in Hitchin, to fit in with her tough schedule.
If you would like to sponsor Cheryl, send cheques made payable to Cancer Research UK to Val Johnson at Rushbrook and Rathbone at 69 Hermitage Road, Hitchin, SG5 1DB.