Cheltenham v Stevenage: Sarll reveals squad news
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage FC face Cheltenham Town away from this Saturday but who can manager Darren Sarll call on?
The Boro boss gave this injury update to the Comet, following last weekend’s 1-0 win at Barnet and the midweek Checkatrade Trophy defeat against Oxford.
Sarll said: “We took a few kicks, knocks and strains against Barnet.
“When you go down to 10 men the physical demand increases but also the commitment of the players in and around our box, to block and tackle.
“The commitment was great but it has its negative.
You may also want to watch:
“Ronnie Henry is struggling, as is Luke Wilkinson.
“I wanted to give Fraser Franks a rest against Oxford United because he’s played every minute so far. Joe Fryer is a young player so I wanted to make sure he had a breather.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
“Danny Newton took a kick on Saturday so he is a flip of a coin.
“Chris Whelpdale had to come off because of a bit of a strain at Barnet.
“Ben Kennedy and Dale Gorman are away on international duty but Dale would have been suspended anyway of course.
“Jack King came back in on Tuesday and played 45 minutes while Kevin Toner got 90.
“We are in decent shape. The timing of Jack’s return is quite prevalent and hopefully we can work around any injuries and get a group of players out there Saturday that will get us something from the game.”