Cheers! Hitchin beer festival date revealed - and cider will be in the spotlight
- Credit: Archant
Cider will be a star attraction at Hitchin Rugby Club next summer
Organisers of the annual Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival confirmed this week that they will be returning to Hitchin Rugby Club in Old Hale Way over three days in June – and the festival will be hosting good beer pressure group CAMRA’s countywide cider competition.
All known cider makers registered in Hertfordshire will be asked to put forward two of their regular ciders.
Judges will be asked to sample and mark each in a blind tasting, and the highest overall score take the prestigious title.
At a launch event at the Half Moon pub in Bridge Street on Tuesday night, the dates – Thursday to Saturday, June 11 to 13 – were revealed, along with a smart new logo.
You may also want to watch:
Cheques were also presented to Herts Society of the Blind and the Hitchin Partnership, the result of donations at the 2014 festival, which is organised by North Herts CAMRA, Hitchin Round Table and the rugby club.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round