Charlie Lee one of six players released by Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Charlie Lee has been released by Stevenage.
The versatile midfielder is one of six players let go by the club following the conclusion of the 2016-17 season, with the others being experienced central midfielder Michael Tonge, Dean Wells, Andrew Fox, Nathan Kerr and Jake Hyde.
In a statement on their website, Boro said: “The club would like to thank all of the players for their hard work and dedication towards Stevenage FC.”
The club has also announced that meetings with other players are still ongoing.
Lee’s departure will come as a surprise to some. A regular since joining the club in the summer of 2014 he has made more than 120 appearances for the club during his three years at the Lamex Stadium and was this year named runner up in the Player of the Year awards.
Lee took to Twitter earlier today to thank Boro’s fans, saying: “Big thank you to all the fans at Stevenage.”
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades