Charlie Lee one of six players released by Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Charlie Lee has been released by Stevenage.
The versatile midfielder is one of six players let go by the club following the conclusion of the 2016-17 season, with the others being experienced central midfielder Michael Tonge, Dean Wells, Andrew Fox, Nathan Kerr and Jake Hyde.
In a statement on their website, Boro said: “The club would like to thank all of the players for their hard work and dedication towards Stevenage FC.”
The club has also announced that meetings with other players are still ongoing.
Lee’s departure will come as a surprise to some. A regular since joining the club in the summer of 2014 he has made more than 120 appearances for the club during his three years at the Lamex Stadium and was this year named runner up in the Player of the Year awards.
You may also want to watch:
Lee took to Twitter earlier today to thank Boro’s fans, saying: “Big thank you to all the fans at Stevenage.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal