Charlie Lee: I want promotion with Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Charlie Lee insists promotion with Stevenage this season is the only outcome that will make him happy.
Boro are currently sixth in League Two, six points clear of rivals Luton Town who are outside the play-off places in eighth, with three games remaining.
Lee has been a major part of Stevenage’s surge up the table - they have won their last three games and lost just once in 10 - and he wants to take that form into the play-offs and then League One.
“I joined Stevenage because I want to get promoted,” he said. “Some people think different and only want to get past the next Saturday but I came here to be successful and to be promoted. I know we can do that if we do all the right things.”
He added: “We had a tough start but we kept our confidence that we can do it and we’ve put ourselves in a great position. Now there’s only one outcome that we’ll be happy with.”
You may also want to watch:
Lee, Boro’s top scorer with nine, is a veteran of promotion seasons having gone up with Peterborough United on three occasions - twice to the Championship - and once with Gillingham.
That experience, he says, will be invaluable in the final three games and for a potential play-off run.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
“When you’ve been promoted before you do remember situations and things that happened so it’s probably is harder for the ones than haven’t done it. I’ve had four [promotions] and want this to be my fifth.
“The teams that go up do it when it matters; we’re ready and have the confidence that we can,” said Lee. “ [Promotion] is what we want and I think we can. Everyone has had to dig in this season and we want to finish on a big note.”
A big finish starts this Saturday at Accrington Stanley, where Boro can cement their play-off status with a win.
“We’re going to Accrington to win, as we do every game, and knowing we can if we do the right things,” he said.