Charles says Boro are ready for Robinson’s Dons
- Credit: Archant
Darius Charles is expecting a strong performance from Stevenage on Saturday against MK Dons after a ‘phenomenal’ week of training.
Boro welcome Karl Robinson’s side to the Lamex Stadium as they look to extend their current unbeaten run to seven games.
Speaking today, Charles said: “There is a brilliant mood around the training ground. We’re unbeaten in six game [and, while] there is still a lot of work to do, the intensity in training has been phenomenal.
“If ever there was a time to have great team morale then it’s now.”
When pressed for a prediction, Charles wouldn’t guess at a score but he insisted Boro are ready to do what it takes to win.
You may also want to watch:
“You never know in football because it’s not played on paper,” he said.
“We are in best frame of mind, physically, mentally and as a team; we’re ready to go a do a job.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
This season has seen Charles deployed at left back as well as up front. And while he admitted he enjoys spearheading the attack, he is ready and willing to do whatever Graham Westley asks of him.
“I definitely see myself as a centre forward, I enjoy it there, but if the gaffer needs me to do a job elsewhere then I’ll do it to the best of my abilities,” he said.
“For me the most important thing is to give my all for the team and to make sure that I have a positive effect going forward; and the goals and clean sheets will follow.”