Charity of Stevenage-born Formula 1 star Lewis Hamilton makes 'substantial donation' to hospice
THE charity of Formula 1 race ace Lewis Hamilton - who was born and raised in Stevenage - has made a substantial donation to Keech Hospice Care s children s service. The undisclosed amount from The Lewis Hamilton Foundation was raised at the annual Fest
THE charity of Formula 1 race ace Lewis Hamilton - who was born and raised in Stevenage - has made "a substantial donation" to Keech Hospice Care's children's service.
The undisclosed amount from The Lewis Hamilton Foundation was raised at the annual Festival of Speed at Goodwood last year.
It will be used to directly support the Tots and Toys group - an initiative for parents and their children under five with life-limiting conditions. The group provides stimulating activities such as music therapy, baby massage, and arts and crafts.
Hamilton said: "Helping Keech is particularly close to my heart as it's located very close to where I grew up in Stevenage, and it has really brought home to me the work and efforts of everybody involved.
You may also want to watch:
"I've met many children whose spirit and optimism in the face of overwhelming difficulties has been truly humbling and inspirational to me.
"Through the work of The Lewis Hamilton Foundation I'm able to achieve far more than I ever could as an individual, and I'm really proud of the help we've been able to provide here."
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
Jennie Collier, Tots and Toys organiser, said: "We are over the moon that The Lewis Hamilton Foundation has chosen to secure and improve the future of Tots and Toys at Keech.
"We are forever thinking up new activities to help the children play, learn and interact as they often struggle to do these things because of their varying conditions.
"This money will help us give them so many wonderful opportunities - it's such a gift!"
For more information about The Lewis Hamilton Foundation, visit www.lewishamilton.com/charity
For more information about Keech Hospice Care, visit www.keech.org.uk