Charity golf day raises thousands for Lister Hospital play room
- Credit: Archant
The East and North Herts Hospitals’ Charity hosted its first annual charity golf day to raise money for a new play room at Lister Hospital.
The event held at Chesfield Downs Golf and Country Club in Graveley raised £8,465 for the Magic of Play Appeal, to build a new playroom at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
Fifteen teams from local companies took part with MBDA taking first place ahead of Paul Murphy Construction in second and Sterling and Law third.
The golf was followed by a two course carvery and an auction, which was run by Chris Small from Hertfordshire Auctions and raised more than £3,200.
Zoe Doherty, fundraiser for East and North Herts Hospitals’ Charity said: “The teams which took part all contributed to raise this fantastic total which smashed our initial target.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as raising money for our much needed playroom, everyone had a great day and we very much look forward to organising our second annual golf day next year. On behalf of the charity and the children’s ward, I would like to say a huge thank you to all the local businesses who took part”.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 8 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed