Charity gig in memory of popular landlady
A CHARITY music festival to be held in memory of a pub landlady is only weeks away.
Claire Stanley, who ran The Three Tuns in Ashwell, succumbed to breast cancer after a lengthy battle last year, and her husband has organised ClaireFest in her memory.
Darrell Stanley said: “I’ve never done anything like this before, it’s been a tough few months but it has had a lot of support.
“I’m not one to get complacent but it’s going well – I think.
“It’s in five weeks but we have got a lot to do, it’s come quite quickly considering.”
You may also want to watch:
After Claire’s untimely death, aged 48, Darrell set up the Claire Stanley Trust – a charity dedicated to raising money for cancer research.
The festival is the charity’s first major fundraising event and tickets are available now.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
The funds will be split, with 80 per cent of money raised going to the trust and the remaining 20 per cent split between Ashwell charities and The Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC.
Mr Stanley, 45, said: “It’s been overwhelming with the amount of support.
“People can’t wait for it – it’s a major event for Ashwell… it’s the talk of the town at the moment.”
The event on September 3 features a variety of acts, including X-Factor finalist Danyl Johnson, 70s hit makers Doctor and The Medics and North Herts-based Monaco Bears – fresh from their slot at this year’s Rhythms of the World festival in Hitchin.
As well as music, the event, held on Elbrook Meadow in Ashwell, will also feature a variety of stalls and an open mic competition.
Tickets are �16 for adults, �8.50 for children up to 15 and under 5s are free.
More information and tickets are available from www.clairestanleytrust.org