Charity boxing night will pack a punch to support work of anti-knife crime group in Stevenage schools
- Credit: Jerry Daws
A charity boxing night is being held in Stevenage with all the funds raised going to an anti-knife crime organisation.
Former welterweight WBC World Champion John H Stracey will act as a special guest judge on the evening which will feature 12 bouts.
Organiser David Stephenson said: “A few of the bouts are first time boxers who have trained hard for this, so that they can contribute towards this fantastic charity event. Every boxer we train has worked extremely hard and we wish them all best on the night.”
All funds raised on the night will go towards charity Billy’s Wish. It will use the cash to support its anti-knife crime education programme that is being rolled out into Stevenage schools during the current academic year.
The event is taking place on Saturday, November 7, at the Holiday Inn. Doors open at the St George’s Way venue at 7pm and the boxing will start at 8pm.
For tickets visit www.iboxpromotions.com or email email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, they will be available on the door at £25 for a standard seated ticket.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out