Charity box stolen from Baldock church
- Credit: Archant
A charity box containing money has been stolen from a church.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a charity box containing money was stolen from the entrance of St Mary’s Church in Baldock on Thursday, February 13.
The charity box was last seen on Thursday, February 13, but was noticed to be missing at around 3.40pm on the same day.
The theft was reported to police a week later as those tending to the church assumed that the cahrity box had been put away.
The charity box contained a quantity of cash and cheques and was 15 inches tall and six inches wide with yellow, cream, purple and pink flowers painted on the outside.
You may also want to watch:
The box had been put there by Crouch Funeral Directors.
Investigating officer, PCSO Michelle Trussell said: “It was very callous of someone to steal a charity box in this manner. The charitable donations within the box were meant for St Mary’s Church and MND Connect - a helpline for people with Motor Neurone Disease.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
“The charity box is very distinctive. I am appealing to anyone who may have been in the area at the time and witnessed the box being taken, or someone acting suspiciously, to get in contact as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call PCSO Trussell on the non-emergency number 101, citing crime reference number G3/14/101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.