Charity ball to be held today in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
An evening inspired by dance from the 1920s and 1930s will be held in aid of a charity helping communities in Africa to support themselves.
The Dounton Charity Ball will be held at the Spirella Ballroom in Letchworth GC today to raise money for the Kanyike Project.
The evening will include a Champagne reception, accompanied by Madeleine Herbert on the harp, three-course meal and wine, singing from Letchworth City Chorus, and dancing until late to the Jazz Goats.
Dress is black tie or optional period dress for the ladies.
Event coordinator Patricia Saunders said: “This is a great opportunity for people to enjoy the current 1920s fashion revival, have a fantastic night out and raise much-needed funds for the Kanyike Project.”
You may also want to watch:
The Kanyike Project is an ongoing initiative to help with self-sustainable community development in Uganda. The charity has been supported by local groups for more than 20 years.
Tickets cost £70 per head for a table of eight to 10 people. To book tickets contact Patricia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term