Charity appeals for help to continue its work
A CHARITY is appealing for volunteers and donated items to help it continue its work. Sue Ryder Care - a national charity which provides health and social care services in local communities - has a care centre in Stagenhoe and shops in Baldock, Hitchin an
A CHARITY is appealing for volunteers and donated items to help it continue its work.
Sue Ryder Care - a national charity which provides health and social care services in local communities - has a care centre in Stagenhoe and shops in Baldock, Hitchin and Stevenage.
Diane Landau, a volunteer at the Stevenage shop, said: "By pledging to support us through volunteering, people can not only help us raise vital funds but also gain experience to put on their CV. And, if people don't have any spare time to commit to volunteering, they can support us by donating items to us."
Volunteering roles include running a retail outlet, serving customers, sorting through donated items, and creating window displays at one of Sue Ryder Care's shops, or befriending people or flexing green fingers at its care centre.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on volunteering or donating items, call 0845 050 1953, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.suerydercare.org
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack