Chaos at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital car park due to technical fault
- Credit: Archant
A system malfunction has caused chaos at the multi-storey car park at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital today.
A technical fault with the entry system has allowed too many cars into the car park, with not enough spaces available – resulting in total traffic gridlock.
Patient Malcolm Gray said: “I have been here for an hour and 15 minutes and nothing is moving. There are no parking spaces and people wanting to leave can’t reverse because of queues of cars behind them.
“People are going to miss their appointments, and all the time my parking fee is clocking up and I haven’t even parked.
“There are no members of staff anywhere to be seen.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East and North Herts NHS Trust, which runs the Lister, said: “A key component at the Lister’s multi-storey car park - the system that counts cars in and out - developed a technical fault this morning, which allowed too many cars to enter the facility – more than the spaces available.
“The parking attendant team is managing the flow in and out of the car park, whilst an engineer repairs the fault.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
He added: “Those who had to wait to leave the car park were not charged for the additional time and the Trust apologises for any inconvenience caused.”