Changes to swine flu antiviral collection points
NEW collection points for swine flu medication are now open in pharmacies across the county. NHS Hertfordshire has equipped five pharmacies to issue antivirals to those who have an authorisation number from the National Pandemic Flu Service phone line or
NEW collection points for swine flu medication are now open in pharmacies across the county.
NHS Hertfordshire has equipped five pharmacies to issue antivirals to those who have an authorisation number from the National Pandemic Flu Service phone line or website.
Dr Jane Halpin, Director of Public Health at NHS Hertfordshire, said: "The number of swine flu cases reported in Hertfordshire remains low and we are now moving forward with our plans to manage the second wave of the pandemic.
"Our initial antiviral collection points (ACPs) in Welwyn Garden City and Watford have been working well since they opened during the peak of the first wave back in July. But now that numbers of swine flu cases have decreased to very low levels, it isn't the best use of our clinical resources to keep these two centres open.
You may also want to watch:
"Instead we have equipped a number of local pharmacies across the county to work as antiviral collection points.
"The new pharmacy collection points will work in the same way as previous ACPs - flu friends must bring the authorisation number given by the National Pandemic Flu Service, along with a valid form of ID for themselves and for the person they are collecting for."
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
The collection point at Campus West in Welwyn Garden City will close at 7.30pm today (Wednesday), with the collection point at Watford Town Hall closing at 4pm on Monday, September 14. From then on, antiviral medication can be collected from:
Unit C, Fawkon Walk
4 Dolphin Square
98 Town Centre
34 Fleming Crescent
Boots Waterfields Retail Park