Chance to sing with classic boy band
A classical boy band with three top-selling albums are on the hunt for a choir to sing with them when their UK tour comes to Comet country.
Classical Brit Awards winners Blake will be at The Gordon Craig Theatre on January 26 and want a local choir to perform some of their pop-opera renditions with them, including Hallelujah, Jerusalem and Nessum Dorma.
The quartet, who formed via Facebook in 2007, began the project this year and its success has led to an extension of the invite to their 2011 tour.
Tenor Olivier Baines said the idea came out of school visits, where they discovered a wealth of singing talent. He said: “We thought about how we could involve school choirs and local community choirs in our live shows, and that getting some of the choirs up on stage with us would be a great experience for both them and us.”
Fellow tenor Humphrey Berney added: “It’s been inspirational to see so many choirs send in their material and a pleasure to perform with them all. We are looking forward to seeing more footage from choirs across the country and performing with them as part of the tour.”
You may also want to watch:
To get the chance to sing with the boys, send a YouTube video link of your choir to info@BlakeOfficial.com with a short description.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire