Chairman and vice chairman re-elected after council vote
- Credit: Archant
The chairman of Central Bedfordshire Council will remain in her post for another year after being re-elected last night.
Councillor Fiona Chapman – who represents Flitwick and has been a coucillor for more than 35 years – will begin her second term after a vote yesterday.
Speaking after her re-election, Councillor Chapman said: “I’m grateful to be given this opportunity to represent the council for another term.
“I will continue to do all I can to support the council, local residents and my chosen charities.”
She will continue to act as an ambassador for the council at civic visits and public events, as well as raising funds and awareness for her chosen charities – Cancer Research UK and Bedfordshire Crimebeat.
Stotfold and Langford councillor Brian Saunders will continue to work alongside her as vice chairman after also being re-elected.
“I am delighted to be re-elected as vice chair of Central Bedfordshire Council and continuing to work with Councillor Chapman and supporting her in her role.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 8 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 9 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 10 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub