Letchworth healthy living centre set for new season in 35th year
- Credit: Archant
A new term is set to begin at the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living, which will bring even more classes and workshops – after introducing 80 new sessions in January.
The centre is kicking off its summer season following the Easter break with a new session – Introduction to Sound for Wellbeing.
The six-week experimental sessions will involve singing bowls, percussion, gongs and voice, which will explore how sound can be part of a meditation practice.
Another new addition under the centre’s Department for Mindfulness is a three-day programme on Finding Peace in a Frantic World.
Director Roberta Meldrum said: “We are really excited at this new term’s programme, which includes over 20 short workshops held at weekends for people who are not able to commit to a weekly class.
You may also want to watch:
”We delivered 6,600 sessions last year, and this year we are celebrating 35 years since opening the centre.”
The new term begins from April 23. For more information on classes and workshops, go to www.letchworthcentre.org.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery