Celebration to open garden
A PARTY is being held to mark the opening of a sensory garden at a residential home. The celebrations are being held at Allison House Residential Home in Swan Lane, Sandy, on Saturday where the attractions will include a raffle, tombola, cakes stall and c
A PARTY is being held to mark the opening of a sensory garden at a residential home.
The celebrations are being held at Allison House Residential Home in Swan Lane, Sandy, on Saturday where the attractions will include a raffle, tombola, cakes stall and cream teas.
Allison House is one of 39 BUPA care homes across the UK that has developed a sensory garden in 2006. This was the fifth year BUPA has teamed up with national horticultural charity Thrive to develop gardens specifically designed to stimulate the senses and invited local green-fingered volunteers to get fit, get gardening and help create the gardens.
Allison House's sensory garden has been developed over the last few months to stimulate residents' senses.
You may also want to watch:
Features of the garden include a pergola, raised flower beds and a trellis. There are also scented and colourful plants including honeysuckle and lavender.
Relatives of residents and members of the community have helped staff and residents create the garden.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Lynda Bettles, activities organiser at the home, said: "The sensory garden project has been very rewarding. Our garden will provide a stimulating and relaxing environment for the residents to enjoy with their friends and relatives.