Celebration of Stevenage New Town pioneer’s life to be held
- Credit: Archant
The family of a Stevenage New Town pioneer are inviting anyone who knew her to a celebration of her life next week.
Connie Rees and her husband Huw moved to the town in 1952 and helped to establish a real sense of community in the fledgling town.
Her son Jon said: “Everyone who knew Connie in whatever capacity is invited to attend – both the formal 45 minute tribute and the more informal tea afterwards.”
Connie was active in many groups in the town including the neighbourhood watch and the Stevenage Befrienders for Young Carers. She passed away aged 95 in July after a short illness following a stroke.
The tribute will be held at 2pm at High St Methodist Church in Stevenage Old Town on Tuesday, September 15.
You may also want to watch:
Any donations will go to Lister Hospital’s children’s ward. The family asks that people do not bring flowers.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds