CCTV images released of group police wish to speak to in relation with Letchworth distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of a pair of men and women police wish to speak to in relation to a distraction burglary which took place in Letchworth.
Police believe the people pictured may be able to help them in their investigation into a burglary which saw a group trick a woman into entering her house on honest pretences, before allegedly stealing her bank cards. The incident took place at a house in Burley between 11.10am and 11.40am on June 27, when the victim returned home from shopping and was approached by a woman holding a map who said she was lost and needed directions back to the A1(M).
The woman then followed the victim into her home to make a call, using her phone.
On returning to the kitchen, where the victim and her husband were, the woman was joined by a man who engaged them in conversation.
During the course of the conversation it is believed that the victims’ bank cards were removed and later used to withdraw a large amount of money.
You may also want to watch:
If you recognise these people – who could be anywhere in the country – or have any information about the incident please contact Det Con Sam Casey in Operation Manhunt via the non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV