CCTV images released after shop thefts
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of several people police wish to speak in connection with a series of thefts.
The four incidents have all occurred at stores in Hitchin and Letchworth over the past month.
The most recent occurred when two men entered the Superdrug store in Bancroft, Hitchin at 9.30am on Thursday February 20.
One of the men distracted a member of staff while the other one concealed items in his clothes and left without paying.
Anyone with information should contact PC Puneet Netar citing crime reference G1/14/447.
You may also want to watch:
The second incident happened at 2.20pm on Sunday February 16 when a man entered the B&M store, Second Avenue, Letchworth GC.
He placed a number of items into a bag before leaving without paying.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Anyone with information should contact PCSO Amanda Aylott citing crime reference G2/14/313.
Police are also looking to speak to a man after two bike helmets were stolen from a shop in Letchworth GC.
A man walked into Halfords, Cotton Brown Park at 4.15pm on Monday, February 3 and placed the items in a bag before leaving without paying.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Richard Boot citing crime reference G2/14/224.
The last incident occurred around 6pm on Saturday February 1 in the Spar shop, The Mead, Hitchin.
Two offenders entered the shop, picked up some alcohol and left without paying.
Anyone with information should contact PCSO Sarah Brown citing crime reference G1/14/358.
If you have any information regarding any of these incidents then please call Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, citing the relevant crime reference.