CCTV images released after Letchworth armed robbery
CCTV images of two men police would like to speak to in connection with an armed robbery have been released.
The robbery took place in Martin’s newsagents in The Parade, off Southfields in Letchworth GC, at around 6.20am on Saturday.
Two men entered the shop, threatened staff with a handgun and demanded money. They made off with a small amount of cash.
A police spokesman said it was unclear whether the weapon was a real firearm or an imitation, and that a customer was assaulted during the incident.
DS Pete Hankins, investigating, said: “Our enquiries into this incident are on-going at this time. As part of the investigation I would like to speak to these two men as they may be able to offer assistance to the investigation.”
If you recognise these people or have any information about this incident please call the Stevenage Local Crime Unit via non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. You do not have to give your name and you could be entitled to a cash reward.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 5 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
- 10 Positives and progress continue at Hartlepool with Tisdale happy with Boro's point