CCTV image released of man who may have links to Hitchin, Letchworth or Stevenage after King’s Cross assault
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV image has been released of a man police wish to speak to in connection with an assault at King’s Cross railway station.
In the attack a 42-year-old man was punched in the face and pushed into a train carriage, leaving him with cuts and bruises and potentially permanent nerve damage to his front two teeth.
After reviewing CCTV, officers believe the attacker was intending to travel to Hertfordshire and may have links to Hitchin, Letchworth or Stevenage.
The attack took place at about 12.20am on Saturday, December 12.
Det Con Dean Percival said: “The victim was seeing a friend on to a King’s Cross to Cambridge train on platform six when he was attacked.
“I would like to reassure the public that violent incidents like this are rare on the rail network. I would also like to appeal for anyone with information to get in touch.
“I think the person in the image has information which could prove useful to our investigation. Who is he?”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.