CCTV image released after thieves drive off on stolen Letchworth motorbikes
A CCTV image has been released after thieves stole two motorbikes from a garden shed and drove off on them.
Police officers have arrested a 20-year-old man from Stevenage on suspicion of burglary and would also like to speak to the man pictured in connection with the incident in Jackman’s Place, Letchworth GC.
Offenders entered a garden via an alleyway and broke into a shed containing two motorbikes, a 2009 green and black KXF 250F and a 2012 blue and orange KTM SX125. The thieves made off on the motorbikes in the direction of St Paul’s Church in Pixmore Way.
The offence occurred at some point between 9pm on Friday, October 19, and 1.30pm on Saturday, October 20.
Detective constable Steven Cook said: “These bikes have very distinctive markings. I am appealing to anybody who may have witnessed this crime, anyone who has seen them since the incident or anybody who has been offered them for sale to contact police.”
Call DC Cook via police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 10 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'