CCTV footage released after fuel thief repeatedly targets Sainsbury’s store in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
CCTV footage has been released today in an effort to track down a serial fuel thief.
A man driving a blue or black Citroen Picasso has targeted the Sainsbury’s store in Coreys Mill Lane, Stevenage, three times since April.
Each time he has driven up to the fuel pumps and filled up his car before filling up several fuel cans on the back seat.
Herts police released footage of a man today that they would like to speak to in connection with the thefts.
Assistant investigator Quentin Lane is from the force and said: “I would like to speak with the man pictured as he may have information which could assist my investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“I am also aware that there is a woman sat in the front passenger seat of the vehicle and I would also like to speak with her.
“Finally, I would like to issue a warning to the offender that he could be putting himself, any passengers and other members of the public in danger should he be involved in a collision due to the significant amount of fuel being carried in these containers on the back seat.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
The thefts happened at around 1.45pm on Wednesday, April 15, on Thursday, June 26, at around 11.20am and on Saturday, July 25, at around 5.50pm.
He has also targeted a Sainsbury’s store in London Colney six times this year with the same crime.
Anyone with information should call assistant investigator Lane on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.