Racist abuse in Hitchin sparks CCTV appeal
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV image of a woman has been released by police after two people were subjected to racist verbal abuse in Hitchin.
Officers believe the woman pictured may be able to help with enquiries into the incident which happened on August 16, in a car park in Woolgrove Road.
At around 7.50pm, the offender – a woman – shouted racist verbal abuse towards two victims – a man in his 50s and a woman in her 30s.
The offender then walked away out of the car park and down Woolgrove Road before getting in a blue Vauxhall Astra and driving off.
PC Natalie Cuozzo said: “Racism will not be tolerated by Hertfordshire Constabulary and we are carrying out extensive enquiries into this incident.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe that the woman pictured was in the area at the time and she could have vital information about what happened.
“If you recognise her, or have information about the incident, please don’t hesitate to get in contact.
“If you can help, please call the non-emergency number 101 or email me at email@example.com quoting crime reference 41/66827/20.”
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 4 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Road closed between Stevenage and Watton due to floods
- 7 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 8 Council warns of 'extremely high infection rate' in Stevenage ward
- 9 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 10 Four-storey apartment block could be built in town centre after revised application submitted