CCTV appeal after cash stolen from woman’s handbag at Stevenage Tesco Extra store
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 70s had her cash stolen from her handbag at the Tesco Extra in Stevenage town centre on Saturday.
Police have now released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the theft of an envelope containing cash from a handbag belonging to the woman.
The theft happened between 12.40pm and 1pm on Saturday after the woman had just withdrawn the cash from a bank in the town.
It is believed the thief followed her from the bank before committing the crime.
Police would like to speak to the man pictured as it is believed he may have witnessed what happened or may have information that can assist the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises him, or has any other information, should contact PC Stephen Evans on email@example.com or via the Herts police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference E1/18/1120. Alternatively, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright