Catwalk pets cause furry fashion sensation
An animal lover is gaining celebrity status in a town thanks to her habit of taking her dog and cat out in a buggy wearing a dress and pearls (the pets that is, not the owner).
Fern Logan of High Plash in Stevenage has become a regular sight in the town wheeling her pet pug-shih tzu-cross Paris and two-stone ginger tom Big Brad in a specially designed animal buggy.
The TV extra, who has lived in the town for a year, said she got the idea for the transport and the dressing up after seeing it in Los Angeles where she got married.
“I got the buggy about a month ago. I got it for them as I’m in an apartment now and there’s no garden. Big Brad just loves this buggy – even when I get home he’s still lying in it.
“They are the best of friends. The cat thinks it’s a dog. The two of them eat, sleep and play together. They get on so well.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Logan said the animals love to be taken to Town Centre Gardens where they have become a hit with children and adults alike, with Paris appearing in numerous dogwalk collections.
“I’ve got various outfits for her – for each occasion, seven days a week. The dog and cat have got pearl necklaces. I had them specially made for them.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
“People are coming up and saying ‘can I have a picture taken, I think it’s wonderful’.”
Mrs Logan said she would love the animals to appear in a TV advert.
“Big Brad was used in Edinburgh for three years in Puss in Boots. He walked across the stage with a hat and feathers to the side – it was hilarious, and he never failed to impress. They never fail to deliver.”