Cat mauled to death by dogs in Stevenage
A mother is warning pet lovers to keep an eye on their animals after her cat was mauled to death. Clare Lawman, 33, is considering reporting the incident to police after her six-year-old cat Harry died after being attacked by two dogs outside her hom
A mother is warning pet lovers to keep an eye on their animals after her cat was mauled to death.
Clare Lawman, 33, is considering reporting the incident to police after her six-year-old cat Harry died after being attacked by two dogs outside her home in Sefton Road, Stevenage, on Wednesday night.
"This would never have happened if these dogs had been under control and not left to wander the streets," said Ms Lawman.
"I just want people to be aware what can happen when dogs are left to wander around. We all know dogs go for cats but if they are under control they can be restrained.
You may also want to watch:
"Harry had been our family pet since he was six months old. I wasn't at home when it happened but my neighbour heard my cat's cries and went out to find him being tossed around by two dogs.
"She managed to get the dogs off him and rush him to the vets in Baldock where he was given pain relief but sadly he died.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
"My daughter Eliot Louise and I are beside ourselves with grief. Harry was such a loving cat. We still can't believe it has happened.
"Someone must know something about this because the owner of these two dogs would have seen blood on their animals.
"I just want people made aware of the dangers of letting dogs roam free.