Cat mauled to death by dogs in Stevenage
A mother is warning pet lovers to keep an eye on their animals after her cat was mauled to death. Clare Lawman, 33, is considering reporting the incident to police after her six-year-old cat Harry died after being attacked by two dogs outside her hom
A mother is warning pet lovers to keep an eye on their animals after her cat was mauled to death.
Clare Lawman, 33, is considering reporting the incident to police after her six-year-old cat Harry died after being attacked by two dogs outside her home in Sefton Road, Stevenage, on Wednesday night.
"This would never have happened if these dogs had been under control and not left to wander the streets," said Ms Lawman.
"I just want people to be aware what can happen when dogs are left to wander around. We all know dogs go for cats but if they are under control they can be restrained.
"Harry had been our family pet since he was six months old. I wasn't at home when it happened but my neighbour heard my cat's cries and went out to find him being tossed around by two dogs.
"She managed to get the dogs off him and rush him to the vets in Baldock where he was given pain relief but sadly he died.
- 1 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 2 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 3 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 4 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 5 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 6 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 7 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 10 Captain uses his head but Stevenage make win over Rochdale harder than it should have been
"My daughter Eliot Louise and I are beside ourselves with grief. Harry was such a loving cat. We still can't believe it has happened.
"Someone must know something about this because the owner of these two dogs would have seen blood on their animals.
"I just want people made aware of the dangers of letting dogs roam free.