Cashing in on cycle stint
FIREFIGHTERS covered nearly 500 miles during a 24-hour cycle challenge to raise money for charity. They cycled on a static bike which was located outside Asda in Stevenage. The team, made up of Derek Impey, Bob Adamson, Gareth Bradbury, Mick Bavister, As
FIREFIGHTERS covered nearly 500 miles during a 24-hour cycle challenge to raise money for charity.
They cycled on a static bike which was located outside Asda in Stevenage.
The team, made up of Derek Impey, Bob Adamson, Gareth Bradbury, Mick Bavister, Ashley Theakstone and Greg Rataj, raised £1,687 which will go to the Fire Services National Benevolent Fund and the REGAIN charity.
"We would like to thank the management of Asda in Stevenage for letting us hold the event outside their shop and also the people of Stevenage for their generosity," said station officer Greg Rataj.
You may also want to watch:
"It was an extremely cold night but it was definitely worth it."
More events are being planned for the New Year and these will culminate in the Snowdonia Charity Challenge on June 17 which consists of a 40-mile cycle ride, followed by a hike up Snowdon then a canoe paddle across Lake Padern.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030