Cash van robbery at Stevenage Tesco
- Credit: Archant
A large amount of money has been stolen from a cash-in-transit van today (Monday).
Police were called to Tesco in The Forum, Stevenage, at 1.25pm. A man had approached the driver of a cash-in-transit van and stole a substantial amount of money. The driver was not injured.
Three men were involved in the incident and left the area using a white Volkswagen Transporter van heading in the direction of Stevenage Old Town.
Detective sergeant Phoebe Butfoy is investigating and said: “Anyone who saw the incident or the van, prior to or after the incident, should contact me immediately.
“It is believed the van used by the men involved was travelling at some speed, so it is possible it may have had near misses with passing vehicles. I would urge these motorists to contact me straight away, as they may have information vital to the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any other information is asked to contact DS Butfoy via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn