Cash grant for garden project
A HORTICULTURAL therapy project which supports people with mental ill health has been given a £3,000 cash boost. The project, called Growing People, is based at the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living and uses gardening to help people improve their menta
A HORTICULTURAL therapy project which supports people with mental ill health has been given a £3,000 cash boost.
The project, called Growing People, is based at the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living and uses gardening to help people improve their mental and physical health.
Activities encourage people who have lost confidence, forgotten work related skills or become socially isolated to work on their own and as a team member in a supportive environment.
The cash injection has been given through a joint grant from Hertfordshire Community Foundation and the Three Valleys Water Fund.
You may also want to watch:
John Cliff, project manager and horticultural therapist, said: "We are delighted to receive this grant. We will be able to continue with the project and also offer places to more people, including those with more complex support needs.
"Gardening is an everyday activity which millions of people do, but it also a very meaningful activity which is easily adapted to make the most of an individual's skills."
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
For more information about Growing People call John Cliff at the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living on 01462 678804.