Cash and jewellery stolen in Hitchin burglary
- Credit: Archant
Burglars have broken into and ransacked a house in Hitchin, stealing cash and jewellery – and police have today appealed for witnesses.
Police said the burglary happened at some point between 8.15am and 6.45pm on Wednesday, with the intruders gaining entry to a house in Brampton Park Road by removing part of a uPVC door.
They took hundreds of pounds in cash – including foreign currency – two pairs of Nike trainers, and gold and silver jewellery.
The burglars stole a number of rings, a 1940s bangle with a floral pattern, two thick belcher chains – one silver, one gold – and a gold sovereign ring.
They made off in a direction that remains unclear to police.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 101, quoting G1/17/3076.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal