Carol’s not the Weakest Link - she’s the strongest!
STRONGEST link Carol went away with �1,690 as she faced Anne Robinson on TV quiz show The Weakest Link - and won.
Carol Allen, who works at North Herts Sanctuary, a night shelter in Hitchin, initially thought the BBC1 show was to be aired last Thursday but was phoned up at the last minute and told it would be shown on Friday.
Due to the sudden change to the BBC’s programming schedule, Carol had to quickly make a few calls to family and friends to ensure they didn’t miss out, as she pitted her wits against fellow contestants.
During the programme, which was filmed in Glasgow in August, Carol was asked by Anne Robinson to sing in front of the other contestants and the live audience, overcoming a few jibes from the presenter on her way to scooping the winnings.
Speaking after watching herself on TV, Carol said of her winnings: “All of it’s gone – long gone! I spent it on my children and got a few little treats.
You may also want to watch:
“I also ran a competition at the shelter where I work and bought goodies.”
Of the experience itself, Carol, who by winning the competition avoiding having to do the programme’s trademark walk of shame, added: “It was really nerve-wracking seeing myself on TV but when I was up there I was fine.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years