Carol faces Weakest Link’s Anne Robinson
A WOMAN who works at a Hitchin night shelter has claimed that Queen of Mean Anne Robinson is “actually quite a nice woman”, and is due to appear tonight (Thursday) as a contestant on hit TV show Weakest Link.
Carol Allen, who works at North Herts Sanctuary in Hitchin and lives in Langford near Biggleswade, filled in a lengthy application form before attending an audition in London.
After being chosen, she was flown to Glasgow for the filming of the show in August.
“It was fantastic, so much fun. I’ve never been on TV before and it was such a surreal experience,” said Carol.
“To be honest, I’m more scared of it coming out on TV than I was at the time. But you can’t take it too seriously, and I saw the fun side of it.
You may also want to watch:
“Afterwards, you think ‘oh I knew the answer to that’, but you just get put on the spot. Everyone else said the same.
“Anne is quite a nice woman actually. But she certainly took the mickey out of me.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
Carol, who enjoys singing, was put on the spot by Anne after being asked to sing in front of the other contestants and the live audience.
But she says that everything is not as serious as it’s made out on TV and everyone was out to have fun.
“The contestants were great fun and the majority of people were light hearted,” said Carol.
“Everyone seemed to be out for a bit of a giggle.”
To watch Carol in action and see if she triumphs, tune in to BBC One tonight (Thursday) at 5.15pm.