Caribbean-themed gig in memory of Stevenage’s Gary Lewis
- Credit: Archant
The Lewis All Stars will be performing a memorial show at The Times Club in Stevenage tonight in honour of a friend they played with.
The band is made up of musicians that Gary Lewis worked with over the years, and formed following the 59-year-old’s death in 2016 after a battle with cancer.
John Gardner, a trumpet player for The Lewis All Stars and a close friend of Gary’s, said: “Gary was an important member of the local music scene from the early 1980s, and he contributed to numerous bands whose members have gone on to perform in other bands that are still performing today.”
Studio 6, The Mercenaries, Colombia and Caribbean Delight are a few of the bands Gary formed and played in.
The gig will celebrate Gary’s love of all things Caribbean, with reggae and ska music, and authentic Caribbean food.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free and the Hi Lite bar will be open all day. The memorial show at The Oval begins at 7pm.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'