Carers from Letchworth and Baldock to graduate from Government scheme
A group of carers from Letchworth GC and Baldock will be celebrating on Tuesday when they graduate from a Government backed scheme aimed at making a positive difference to the lives of carers and those they care for. The carers, just some of the 11,700 li
A group of carers from Letchworth GC and Baldock will be celebrating on Tuesday when they graduate from a Government backed scheme aimed at making a positive difference to the lives of carers and those they care for.
The carers, just some of the 11,700 living in North Herts, care for people with a wide range of illnesses and disabilities and have been attending the sessions at the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living since the beginning of the year.
The Caring with Confidence programme, run by Carers in Hertfordshire, is made up of a series of sessions exploring the different aspects of the caring role.
Sue Reeve, chief executive of Carers in Hertfordshire, said: "I am so pleased for our graduates. Their commitment and enthusiasm has been fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"I would encourage anyone who cares for a friend, relative or neighbour to get in touch. The Caring with Confidence programme might be for you."
For more details please call 01992 586969.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term