Cardiologist from Stevenage’s Lister Hospital crashes Aston Martin into woman on zebra crossing, knocking her to ground and fracturing her ribs
- Credit: Archant
A cardiologist driving an Aston Martin crashed into a woman on a zebra crossing, knocking her to the ground and fracturing her ribs.
Stevenage magistrates heard on Thursday that Dr Michael Dubowitz, 52 – a consultant cardiologist working for the East and North Herts NHS Trust at sites including Lister Hospital – had hit the woman while driving east along Southdown Road in Harpenden on June 20 last year, knocking her to the ground.
Dr Dubowitz, of Southdown Road, had five points put on his licence after he pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention.
Chairman of the bench Stephen Godshaw also ordered him to pay £912 in fines, a £92 victim surcharge and £85 in costs – a total of £1,100.
An NHS trust spokesman said it was aware of the matter and noted the magistrates’ decision.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Dubowitz is also listed as a consultant cardiologist by Hitchin’s private Pinehill Hospital, among others.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell